2008-02-14

Valentine's Day


What day is today?
Yes, it's Valentine's Day.
In Japan, a lot of girls will make declare their love to boys.
In addition, chocolate is very important item on valentine's Day.
Do you know chocolate is made out of?
Cacao.Ghana is a country that is famous for cacao.
Do you remember your campleaders from Ghana ?

NANA(2001-2007), KWAME(2002-2006), YAW(2002) and LZ(2007)

NANA told us about african poverty in presentation during EIC2006-2007 and Re-union2006.
Do you know "Fair Trade"?
"Fair Trade " is one of bussiness to support poor people for acheiving FAIR payment to manage their lives.
Chocolates are also sold in Fair Trade counpany or NGO.
Why?
Becouse chocolate companies have reducted in cost for payment to sell cheap chocolate for us in developed countries.
So a lot of people can't get FAIR and ENOUGH money.
Before I have been very happy when I have bought cheap and sweet chocolates in supermarket,
but now I feel very sad, I ate cheap chocolates even though african people can't eat daily meal.
Today is Valentine's day.
I love chocolate and chocolate cake!
I will buy Fair Trade chocolates and enjoy with my husband.





No comments:

Blog Archive

The Aim of English Immersion Camp